5 Ways to Add to Your Home’s Value and Curb Appeal
Homes that have a high curb appeal sell quickly and command higher market prices. But which elements can enhance the curb appeal of your home most? Here are some cost-effective and smart ways to boost the curb appeal and the equity of your home.
1. Wash the Exterior of Your House – According to realty experts, washing a house could potentially escalate its sale price by $10,000 to $15,000.
2. Refresh the Paint Job – Appraisers will value it and buyers will notice it instantly. By choosing the paint your house already has, you can save time and money. Scrape off a little paint from the walls and ask for a match at your local paint store.
3. Repair the Roof – Your roof is the first thing appraisers assess and buyers notice. Faded, curled, or missing shingles may downgrade the look and value of your house. The appraisers will deduct the cost of repair from the value of your home, so it is better to have it repaired yourself.
4. Maintain the Yard – A neat, well-maintained, well-manicured lawn with pruned shrubs and fresh mulch can excessively boost the curb appeal of your home.
5. Add a Splash of Color – Sometimes you just need a little color to attract the attention of would-be buyers. Plant a border of tulips in the fall so that it can bloom in the spring. Paint the front door and fence in bold colors like blue or red to add immediate appeal.